Rising Stars Award
Rising Star Educator Award
The GaETC Rising Star Educator Award is intended to recognize an emerging leader in Georgia K-12 schools whose record reflects ongoing and exceptional growth in the field of education and a passion for technology integration that transforms learning for students, fellow teachers, and/or the community of educators at large. GaETC Rising Star Educators will be offered the opportunity to present as a FEATURED SPEAKER at the annual GaETC Conference. Award recipients will be provided with a full conference registration and lodging for the three days.
Awards will be made at the discretion of the GaETC Steering Committee and Program Committee.
- Classroom Teachers
- Media Specialists
- Coaches (including academic and instructional technology)
- School Administrators
- District Administrators
Nominees will be contacted by the GaETC Program Committee and asked to confirm that they would like to be considered. Each nominee will provide a link to a self-promoting Flipgrid presentation. This presentation should describe why the educator is worthy of the award. Nominees will also be allowed to provide other corroborating evidence to support consideration for the award.
Guidelines and Eligibility
Nominees will be judged on three primary factors:
- Description of the individual role played by the nominee and the resulting positive outcomes in projects, presentations, activities, and/or initiatives that in total demonstrate exceptional growth in the field of education and a passion for technology integration that transforms learning for students, fellow teachers, and/or the community of educators at large.
- Evidence that the contributions of the nominee are having a positive impact on his or her students, institution, and/or the profession as a whole.
- Evidence (through the Flipgrid presentation and other corroborating evidence) that the nominee will be a dynamic, engaging, and engrossing featured speaker.
In addition, the Committee will also look for evidence that supports:
- Significant innovation through technology integration, given the nominee’s school/district context.
- Uniqueness and impact of the candidate’s contributions.